I really like the look and feel of these layouts! They totally feel like a potion master's lair and you can tell there's going to be a cool ambiance! On a side note, the second image has isometric perspective, and I wasn't sure if that was what you were going for, but you can easily correct it if not. Other than that, it all looks great! Can't wait to see it come to life! :D
I like the feel you're going for in your layouts. I think it fits your character's personality, since she doesn't like being called cute and your layouts clearly show that.
I think you can play more with the foreground items to achieve more depth. I can see that you're using perspective, but I don't think it's enough. In your first layout, I can tell that the table is closer to the viewer, but I don't think it's convincing enough. The shelves in the background and the table in the foreground are so close in thickness that the table in the foreground kind of blends in with the background.
In your second layout, I think the stairway is interesting and it helps with creating depth. Is the large boiling pot important? It looks large but it also looks kind of small too. I can tell it's supposed to be a large pot, and my eye kind of gets drawn to it, but it's small size in the foreground makes it seem smaller than it should be.
Don't be afraid to overlap and vary the sizes of the objects in your work. You have some overlapping and size variation, but it's not too noticeable. Trying pushing these two concepts some more and I think it'll help out a lot. This is a great start! I can't wait to see how it'll look when you animate your story.
I like the uniform line and think it creates a charming image In the first layout it might be a good idea to raise the table up a bit, so that it is more clear where it is in relation to the background (the objects on the table make it not too much of a problem but if they were taken off it would be difficult to read). It also would be cool to vary up the items on the shelves, or if they are completely unimportant, maybe just push them back by making it a few shades lighter. With everything else being so symmetrical, the clock really stands out to me in the first image. You could either make it symmetrical or make other objects in the room more asymmetrical (unless you want to draw attention to the clock for the story)
I really like the hatching you have on the floor and some objects. It's simple but effective and I think that's where your voice is
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI really like the look and feel of these layouts! They totally feel like a potion master's lair and you can tell there's going to be a cool ambiance!
ReplyDeleteOn a side note, the second image has isometric perspective, and I wasn't sure if that was what you were going for, but you can easily correct it if not.
Other than that, it all looks great! Can't wait to see it come to life! :D
Thank you! :D
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah, I was going for isometric perspective so it'd be easier to read. This will probably be a pan in my film.
I like the feel you're going for in your layouts. I think it fits your character's personality, since she doesn't like being called cute and your layouts clearly show that.
ReplyDeleteI think you can play more with the foreground items to achieve more depth. I can see that you're using perspective, but I don't think it's enough. In your first layout, I can tell that the table is closer to the viewer, but I don't think it's convincing enough. The shelves in the background and the table in the foreground are so close in thickness that the table in the foreground kind of blends in with the background.
In your second layout, I think the stairway is interesting and it helps with creating depth. Is the large boiling pot important? It looks large but it also looks kind of small too. I can tell it's supposed to be a large pot, and my eye kind of gets drawn to it, but it's small size in the foreground makes it seem smaller than it should be.
Don't be afraid to overlap and vary the sizes of the objects in your work. You have some overlapping and size variation, but it's not too noticeable. Trying pushing these two concepts some more and I think it'll help out a lot. This is a great start! I can't wait to see how it'll look when you animate your story.
I like the uniform line and think it creates a charming image
ReplyDeleteIn the first layout it might be a good idea to raise the table up a bit, so that it is more clear where it is in relation to the background (the objects on the table make it not too much of a problem but if they were taken off it would be difficult to read).
It also would be cool to vary up the items on the shelves, or if they are completely unimportant, maybe just push them back by making it a few shades lighter.
With everything else being so symmetrical, the clock really stands out to me in the first image. You could either make it symmetrical or make other objects in the room more asymmetrical (unless you want to draw attention to the clock for the story)
I really like the hatching you have on the floor and some objects. It's simple but effective and I think that's where your voice is